FANTASTIC game! We'd buy it twice. Played this endlessly, will have to pick it up again!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Curious Expedition is a roguelike expedition simulation set in the late 19th century. Together with famous personalities you will venture on unprecedented expeditions to regions never explored before for fame, science and treasures. Put on your pith helmet and khakis and make your way through a lush, procedurally generated world full of wonder and mystery. Now go explore, adventure awaits!
Your purchase comes with a Steam key.
Bundle alert: if you pay $24.99, you'll also get access to the soundtrack and digital artbook.
The best roguelike of 2016.
— Rock, Paper, Shotgun
A disturbing portrait of the colonial mind.
One of my indie highlights of the year.
It’s pretty much what would happen if FTL and 80 Days had a kid.
It should be on your must buy list.
— Ron Gilbert
A love letter to exploring.
— Leigh Alexander
— NEW MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER MODE —
Explore worlds that are up to 10,000 times larger than in the original game, discover new regions and have your name and portrait remembered for all players to see.
— MODS / STEAM WORKSHOP SUPPORTED —
Encounter endless possibilities with Curious Expedition mods, or create your own From simple items to new characters or expeditions to the moon, everything is possible.
— FREE DLC INCLUDED —
The game includes our free DLC "The Arctic Expanse" adding new arctic biomes, characters, items, events and much much more.
— JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER! —
Feel free to join us on Discord for regular updates, exclusive previews, to suggest features and hang out with our community.
— GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW —
- Experience your very own adventure through a procedural story which makes every game unique.
- Explore procedurally generated worlds, each with its own distinctive set of challenges for the ambitious explorer.
- Plan and equip your trek. A good explorer is prepared for any eventuality.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance your needs with the desire to carry all that precious treasure back home.
- Visit and interact with the land’s natives. Enter villages, trade and communicate with local tribes and civilizations that are unknown to mankind.
- Loot mysterious temple ruins to gain fame and treasures, but watch out for deadly traps and curses that will compromise your trek and the world around you.
- Equip and utilize miraculous treasures to gain advantages, but be wary of unforeseeable side effects.
- Fight and defend your trek against a wide range of wild animals, mystical creatures and even dinosaurs.
Supported Languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Ukrainian, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Turkish
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Sep 01, 2016|
|Tags||19th-century, berlin, Exploration, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Latin America, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Community|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: